The Braj Mandal has been a place of pilgrimage for thousands of years and during the time of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Swami Haridas, the land of Lord Krishna’s birthplace and childhood regained its fame. And in recent times, when Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada travelled around the world spreading the glories of Vrindavan, the number of visitors from every corner of the planet has increased. The international popularity has also boomeranged, and all the Vaishnava sampradayas are enjoying the benefits both in India and abroad. Achieving the world heritage status would improve the needs of environmental solutions in the area.
Hy! On the link below you can be part of our project or help us!
Help us to keep Vrindavan clean and green! With your support, we will work to prevent natural disasters and incite an energy revolution; to protect and preserve our oceans and ancient forests; to keep genetically engineered ingredients out of our food and to create a peaceful and pollution-free future>> Get involved now!
It is for this reason that so many people are coming here to buy flats so they can spend their last days in Vrindavan. The increasing traffic from Delhi and elsewhere, especially during weekends and holidays, is putting tremendous pressure on the local infrastructure, often to the detriment of Vrindavan’s sacred patrimony. We hope that with the awarding of world heritage status more attention will be given to the Vrindavan’s beautiful ghats, waste management and black water management disposal, and the many other problems that beset this unique town.
What we propose
- A world heritage status for the Braj Mandal or a portion of it.
- A holy city of pilgrimage status for Vrindavan and for Braj Mandal.
- A special protection zone of cultural heritage under the national government.
- A unique zone presenting the world the beautiful Hindu culture since the time of the Srimad Bhagavatam and the Mahabharata.
- A place of special spiritual pilgrimage due to its 5000 temples, ashrams and historical shrines.
- A zone protected from all kinds chemical pollution using traditional agriculture.